EastGate Village (Rentals of homes for over 50’s) - Walcha - NSW
Due to high demand these are now all rented. Enquire about the waitlist by phoning or emailing us via the enquiry form below.
EastGate village in total, when complete, will be 12 detached 2 bedroom homes – Brand new.
All Homes are to be rented. 7 homes are now on site. 2 are now available & another 5 to be built with 2 of those available February 2019. Only 12 in total are approved for EastGate village making this a very livable community.
Furnished $250.00 P/W (with new furniture)
Unfurnished $230.00 P/W
Rental rates are tied to the aged pension & can only move by the same % points.
- 2 bedroom, kitchen, lounge/dinning, laundry, bathroom, fully fenced (room for pet), carport.
- All windows double glazed, Floor wall & ceilings insulated, 2 x reverse cycle A/C units (thermal comfort & energy savings are considered as high priority).
- Homes are all on one low level (most have easy access ramps).
- Village is security gated with intercom/video/CCTV (see who is at the gate before answering)
- Community kitchen/Chat room with BBQ, TV, Toilet, wood heater - built in log cabin style (entertain your guests here instead of your home).
- Adjacent to Walcha show ground, no built up area. It is unbelievably quiet.
- A very English aspect – you shall look out to Poplar & willow trees.
The Township of Walcha (shire pop. 3500).
Situated in the pristine mountain areas of Northern NSW. 62klm south of Armidale, 100klm N/E of Tamworth, 180klm west of Port Macquarie & 450klm N/W of Sydney.
The most ambient summer time temperatures one could ever wish for with a maximum of 26 deg. & very little humidity. One can describe the Walcha climate as, cool, crispy, clean mountain air. Spring time is an absolute blaze of pretty flowers & trees & autumn colors are a multitude of deciduous trees turning yellows, reds & all in between.
Medical facilities in Walcha include, a new hospital in 2006, 3 private doctors, a chemist shop, & community help. Other facilities include, 2 x Supermarkets, Post Office, 3 x Pubs, 2 x Motels, 1 x Caravan park, Bowling club, RSL club, Men’s shed, Craft shop & numerous business’s to make living easier. The CBD is 2 blocks of shops & offices. From the village the CBD is accessed by either driving or walking for approx. 900m.
Services include a train to/from Sydney, Tamworth & all places in between daily (the New England XPT), a bus service week days to Armidale and a local taxi service. Flights are available from either Armidale or Tamworth to Sydney & Brisbane each day.
|Price||For Rent (New) $250 p/w FF/ $230 p/w UF|
|Level of Support Available||