Over 50's Rentals - Walcha - NSW
A village of only 12 homes.
2 homes only are available now for independent living.
UNIT 1 - $268.00 per week. Fully Furnished (near new).
UNIT 3 - $272.00 per week. Fully Furnished (near new).
- 2 bedroom, Kitchen, Lounge/Dinning, Bathroom, Laundry, Fully Fenced & Carport
- All windows are double Glazed. Floor, walls & ceilings are insulated, 2 x reverse cycle A/C units, (Thermal comfort & energy savings are considered a high priority)
- Homes are all on one level with easy access ramps
- Village is security gated with Video intercom & CCTV
- Community Kitchen with BBQ, TV, Toilet, Wood Heater. Built in log cabin style. Entertain your guests here instead of your home.
- Adjacent to Walcha Showground. No built up area & is unbelievably quiet.
- Very English Aspect – surrounded by Poplar & Willow trees.
The Township of Walcha – Shire pop 3,500.
Situated in the pristine mountain area of northern NSW. 62 klm south of Armidale, 100klm N/E of Tamworth, 180klm west of Port Macquarie & 450klm N/W of Sydney.
The most ambient summer time temperatures one could ever wish for with a maximum average of 26 degrees & very little humidity. One can describe the Walcha climate as cool, crispy, clean mountain air. Spring time is a blaze of pretty flowers & trees & Autumn colours are a multitude of deciduous trees turning yellows, reds & all in between. Winters can be cold with the occasional snow shower.
Medical facilities in Walcha include a new hospital in 2006, 4 private doctors, a chemist shop & community help. Other facilities include 2 x supermarkets, 3 x banks, Post Office, 3 x pubs, 2 x motels,
Caravan Park, Bowling club, RSL club, Men’s shed, Craft shops & numerous other business’s. The CBD is 2 blocks of shops & offices. From the village the CBD is accessed by either driving or walking for approx 900m.
Services include a train to/from Sydney, Tamworth & all places in between daily (the New England XPT), a bus service week days to Armidale & a local taxi service. Flights are available from either Tamworth or Armidale to Sydney or Brisbane daily.